Monday, August 24, 2015

Oh Boy, It's Been a Minute!

My apologies, it has ben far too long.

I am that utterly bad friend who doesn't call in months, but hopefully when I do it's like no time has passed at all.

Here is a brief update on my life since I've last posted.

I went back to work full time at what was for a good 2 years my part time job. Here I am enjoying my last day before going back full time.



Not a moment too soon either because I found out my new *need* for insurance went beyond just government requirements when one of my sister's was diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian Cancer. She's doing great now and is currently in remission thanks to great doctors, aggressive treatment and a steady helping of strong prayer.

Here is my strong sister proudly showing off her bill of health after receiving the good news her CA levels were in the normal range.



My family was hit hard with loss this year. First my childhood best friend's mother died tragically of a stroke. It was like swallowing the loss of my own mother. Not days later we learned that a gentleman my father and I reenacted with out at Fort Atkinson had taken his own life after stresses from his employer reached a boiling point. And then my aunt who fought for 2 years against stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer went home to Jesus.

Amid the tragedy there were some great times with family. My son Matthew continues to grow and learn. Every day he amazes me with new words and phrases. He is constantly counting, naming out colors, shapes and letters. He picks up on changes so quickly it fills this mama with pride.


I cut my hair,

and left my old job


And took up a job working at one of the local high schools. I love my new job but it does allow for a lot of extra free time. Plus they gave me an amazing gift of a Macbook Air to use as a teaching aid. So now not only do I have more time to focus on sewing and crafts but I have an extra accessory to carry around and use for this purpose as well.

Speaking of sewing and crafts, here are a few things I have been doing this year.

This dress used to be a 1991 Jumpsuit worn to a senior prom.

This picture was taken before the jacket was finished but it was all I have on file at the moment





and so much more...

That being said, expect to see more blog posts from me as I transition into my new job and having extra time for more sewing and crafts!



No comments:

Post a Comment