Sunday, May 23, 2010

Matt Tea

My friend Matt passed away this past Thursday from cancer. The memorial service was held yesterday. It was a private, invite only gathering of his closest friends who ate hot dogs with mustard on Star Wars paper plates and talked over all of their memories of Matt and all of his oddities.

One such oddity was that Matt was an avid collector and even collected tea. His roomates talked about when they bought a tea cabenet to house all of his tea and he went out and bought more because he didn't think it was full enough. As a keepsake his roomates gathered a collection of tea and handed them out to his friends. I decided I will use my tea bags to make an art piece. I think Matt will appreciate it since he was an artist and did all sorts of crazy art work- including a 'home movie' of a family of squid in formaldehyde going on a picnic and a boat ride.

Anyhow, before I start on my own art work I thought I would share the art work of others who also used tea bags as their material.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment