Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cinderella Slipper Wedges


These wedges are pretty standard wedges that I, along with many other's purchased at target a few years ago when wedges first became popular again.  But if you're like me, you've worn them to death by now. So I decided to give them a fresh update.


I started by painting the bottom of the wedge with white acrlyic paint. It took several coats of paint to get it to the crispness I wanted. And I don't know why but diluting the paint with water seemed to work better.


I then used a stencil and black acrylic paint to write "Cinderella" on the back of one slipper and "Slipper" on the other. I went back with my spunge brush and gave the letters a more distressed look.






Once my paint was dry I went back over the painted area with modge podge to give it a shinny finish and to prevent the paint from chipping. This is one step I really recommend doing when painting on shoes.

I'm not sure if I'm done yet. I might add a few studds to the front or side back. I haven't decided yet. What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment