Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quick DIY- Custom Ribbons

Just thought I'd drop a quick tip for fancier ribbons.

Because if you're at all like me-- you don't want to drop $5 for fancy printed ribbon.

So instead, buy cheaper solid color ribbon and decorate it using fabric markers. I used this really quick today when I wanted a stripped ribbon but didn't have the time or the money to run to the store for one.


I didn't need my ribbon to be perfect since it was going in a casing but I wanted it to have some decorative element so I added stripes. You could also use stamps and fabric paint or stencils to make a more precise or detailed pattern.

Hope you find this useful.

Also just wanted to let you all know I've started a sister blog for all my mommy DIYs that way I won't bore my current following with baby toys and onsie DIYs but if you're a mommy looking for ideas, or know someone who is about to have a baby and you want to make them something special, check out my N00b Mommy blog-- link's on the side----------------->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment