Monday, February 13, 2012

Rock Star Hack!

So I admit, I did not watch the Grammy's last night. I found Downton Abby a bit more interesting I guess. But I did catch some of the fashion and allow me to ask just one question, does being a rock star mean you have to make yourself a joke?

Seriously, what is it about going to the Grammy's that makes everyone dress like Bozo the Clown?

Perhaps some people call this fashion but I call it a cry for some serious help.

Katy Perry in Elie Saab

Fergie in Jean Paul Gaultier

Nicki Minaj in vintage Versace

Robyn in Unknown

Bonnie McKee in Unknown

Cyndi Lauper in Jean Paul Goultier

Sasha Gradiva in unknown

Lady Gaga in Versace

Corrine Bailey Rae in Christian Siriano

I beg these women to consider the next time they get dressed up in crazy outfits if what they are wearing is fashion forward or just a pathetic cry for attention. Talented women shouldn't make a joke of their talent by dressing up in crazy outfits trying to make headlines for a "what was she thinking?" moment. They should trust in their talents and their ability to be themselves and not a persona.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I call it all bafoonary. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete