Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Update and All That Jazz

I really wish I knew where to start but it seems like there is no starting place to begin at.

For those of you who know me on CO+K you'll probably have noticed I have had a slightly shorter fuse lately more so than normally. It's as frustrating to me as it is to everyone else and I reflect on it a lot. I did it today and reflected while I was in the shower which is where I do most of my reflecting and then I went to go see my uncle and was there for 3 hours and when I got home I was so exhausted I literally passed out right when I got home and slept for 3 hours.

So about that, my uncle has stage 4 lung cancer and is in hospice now. And it is something I have been trying to keep myself distanced from simply because I am still mourning the loss of my friend Matt who died less than a year ago from cancer and it is a lot to deal with. Today was actually the first day that I’ve seen him since he found out he had cancer. It has happened really fast and I am talking about two months ago he was fine and now he probably will only live a couple more days. It is very draining even from a distance. When I came back from seeing him today, I called my boyfriend and told him that he needed to let the other managers at his work know that this was happening because my boyfriend would obviously take off the time to be with me for the funeral and he could expect it to be soon.

On the blog front, I am not abandoning it. I have been recently working on updating a website I have. I am a Regency living historian and have a website on Regency fashions that is a terrible mess, so I have been re-working that as well as starting a Regency blog. It will probably be very different from most blogs of that type as I probably will do more tutorials as well as informational postings.

I have promised someone on CO+K that I would do a tutorial on my ostrich feather scarf and really meant to do it. My problem is I don’t really like to repeat projects so I took a lot of pictures of the scarf last night that will hopefully give a good idea of how it’s made and as soon as I get a minute I will upload them with probably a drawing tutorial. It won’t be my usual photo tutorial but it is a lot of time that at the moment I would rather put toward the use of something else.

There are a lot of things that I’ve wanted to do as far as tutorials go for this blog but the stress of everyday life is taking away a lot of my energy for that. So that is all for now. I hope you all have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment