Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rockabilly Sweater

Whoo hoo for 2 posts today! And just you watch out for tomorrow's post!


So here is the sweater when it was all said and done! I love it so much and have already worn it paired with one of my favorite pencil skirts and a pair of mary jane pumps!




What it was before: A totally dull 1980s granny sweater. And when I say granny I mean it! Everytime I put it on my 25 year old body I felt like I was an 80 year old woman with saggy breats.




I decided I had to go quarter-length sleeve for a mad-men inspired look. So I cropped them off.







With the sweater turned inside out I trimmed in the sleeves slightly so they fitted a bit closer to my arm but were still lose.



I then hemmed my sleeves up and turned my attention to the neckline.



I cut out the neckline in a v-shape and did a rolled hem.








et c'est fini!





No comments:

Post a Comment